Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Some Sales Gems

I was recently asked what I would present, as Sales Gems, in 20 minutes to a group of up and coming company owners. As I have not updated the blog for a while, I though they may be useful here.

Here are a few of them.

  • Sales does not have to be an Art, it can scale through application of technology and process.
  • Don’t let a sales team just happen. There is a skill and team balance just as there is in any team.
  • Don’t be happy with 20% of your sales team delivering 80% of your sales. If this is the case then you’ve either a) Picked the wrong team, or b) Don’t understand your sales process
  • If you, as the company owner, are the company’s best sales person then you haven’t been able to document your sales process.
  • Don’t expect the sales team to share your values a) You built the company, they didn’t and b) Sales people are rarely in the office, they don’t get to share the daily banter and the daily examples of how you apply your values.

I've also put together a template for a sales plan.

If you would like a copy please email me at paul@intermizzi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment